Sunday, November 21, 2010

after "after the fall"

Like the leaves, the performance exploded and faded. All of the dancers at West Chester performed beautifully. I did write small "bios" for my dancers detailing what their commitment meant to me and how I felt they were present in the piece and in the music. However, I believe those are words for them and not to be published without their consent. Bios are very personal, which is why we so often write our own, I guess. Obituaries, very similar, but we don't have a choice in what they speak about our lives.

I want to take this moment to thank my cast.
To thank Gretchen for allowing me the opportunity.
To thank the West Chester community for welcoming me.
To thank Chris and Mark for their continued support, ideas, inspiration, and collaboration.
To thank those who chose to see our work and took a moment to digest it.
To thank those who will continue thinking, working, and challenging.

I would also like to thank you for taking this journey with me.

I welcome any thoughts or comments on the process or the performance. I'd love to hear your feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment