Tuesday, September 22, 2015

(in)visible veins: Rivers Merge - the cast (part 1)

Over 20 students from DeSales University are diving into this process of re-staging (in)visible veins: Rivers Merge. In no particular order and in their own words, I'd like to introduce them to you:

Krysten Struk. "I am a freshman at DeSales University, I am a Dance major with a business minor. I have been dancing all my life, and wish to travel the world dancing. I do not know how I will get there so for right now I just want to live in the moment doing all that I can."

"Gina Palumbo is a senior dance major at DeSales University. She grew up in Philadelphia,but learned to appreciate the tranquility of nature when she moved to the Lehigh Valley. She is delighted to have been a part of Jessica's vision, as well as to be performing with her in such a beautiful environment."

Katie Hay. "I am a freshman at DeSales University and enrolled in the sports and exercise and dance departments. Sports and dance have been my life since I was three and I am excited to combine the two. With my degree, I want to be a physical therapist with a focus in dance therapy."

"Amy Gramling just transferred to DeSales University as a Junior Dance major. Amy grew up in the Bucks County area where she began dancing at age four. Amy has always loved to dance and hopes to continue dancing and teaching in years to come. Before coming to DeSales, Amy taught locally and was a member of EDdanceCohesion. She has performed at ETC Performance Series with work set by Rebecca Cupples and Liz Lyle. This is the first time Amy has done a site specific piece and is blessed to have such an opportunity."

"Haley Gilbert is a junior Dance Major at DeSales University. She is hoping to become a professional contemporary ballet dancer. Haley hails from Enola, Pennsylvania, but has familial ties in the Lehigh Valley. She is excited to have the opportunity to perform in such a beautiful area and be a part of Rivers Merge."

"Cora Savage is a freshmen dance major at DeSales University where she intends to initiate a future career in dance performance or choreography. Having attended the Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts, Cora has been exposed to many different styles of dance. In her free time, she enjoys long mountain hikes, drinking coffee, spending quality time with family and friends, as well as experimenting in dance improvisation with her fellow dancer friends. Cora is very grateful for the opportunity to work with Jessica Warchal-King and experience site-specific performance for the first time."

"Sarah Duffany is a senior dance major at DeSales University. She is so grateful to have been able to be a part of the Rivers Merge Festival. Sarah plans to attend graduate school in the future for dance history/ criticism, while also teaching dance and performing professionally on the side."

"Samantha Burns is a junior dance major at DeSales University, where she has both performed in and choreographed for various concerts. Most recently, she has performed in the New Street Group's 2015 showcase in Philadelphia's FringeArts Festival, as well as presented her own work in the 2015 installment of Ten Tiny Dances at Bethlehem's Touchstone Theatre."

"My name is Liza Marie Levy. I am currently a sophomore dance major at DeSales University. I have been dancing since the age of three. Throughout the years, I have been trained in many styles, which include: Jazz, Tap, Ballet, Pointe, Lyrical, Modern, Contemporary, Hip Hop, and Gymnastics. Over the summer I interned at my dance studio. The main focus for this internship was teaching, choreographing, and learning how to adapt to different students. In the future I hope to dance professionally on Broadway or on Cruise Lines. I also would like to achieve my Master's degree and teach at the college level."

"Hello, my name is Jaclyn Yerkes and I am a freshman dance major at DeSales University! I have been dancing all my life and could not picture myself in any other career choice besides dance. After graduation I plan on continuing my love for dance in hopes to become a backup dancer, work with a contemporary company and be on Broadway; these plan are more like dreams to me. Something I also want to work towards would be opening up a studio with my sister for disabled children. It would give the children an opportunity to dance and fun at their own level and pace."


No comments:

Post a Comment