Thursday, March 11, 2010

details

In these final moments, when most of the work is done, the fine tuning begins: the details. I've asked Chris to change some of the levels in the music - it's intriguing how the level of the bass can influence the listener's perception. Little things are becoming very important; little things like the small gestures and focus of my dancers. We've been working on clarifying how far their/our focus needs to be; identifying the difference between a 20ft focus, an internal focus, and a 3 ft, immediate kinesphere focus. We're defining how to draw the energy up through the body and and training the whole energetic being to focus - 20ft, 3 ft, beyond the performance space, into another performer...

I'm paying closer attention to the little things like the detail on the costumes. I realize that these details may not be grossly noticeable from the audience's perspective, but I believe that attention to these small details clarifies and enhances the process of the performers and of the experience of the audience. In these moments of clarifying, I'm beginning to really enjoy this process more deeply...

No comments:

Post a Comment