Friday, June 27, 2014

Dance Training and Valuable Life Skills - Reinforced!

Leigh Thomas is a pretty high-powered woman! She's the CEO of DARE, a pretty high-powered tech company that uses creative solutions to help businesses. In I went from ballet dancer to CEO and this is what it taught me by Leigh Thomas she credits her ballet training as shaping her work ethic, discipline, drive, "obsession with detail", and "the power of emotional availability. I want my team and clients to feel I am there for them."

Even if you're not planning on making dance your career, or have find your journey leads you into a direction seemingly different than dance, the skills we gain as dancers are valuable and transferable. And it is "always useful to be able to break out into interpretive dance"!

Thanks for sharing, Leigh!

Check out my post - Dance Training = Valuable Life Skills

No comments:

Post a Comment