Monday, June 27, 2011

Indian Dance Workshop Day 1!

Based upon previous posts, it might not be a surprise that I'm a little obsessed with learning about different cultures. Krithika Rajagopalan is a beautiful Bharata Natyam dancer and teacher. She's teaching a workshop at the Chi Movement Arts Center this week. I was terrified to take her class... primarily because I'm so scared of bastardizing the technique. The first day of class was/ is incredible! The tension in the movements totally resonates with my body structure, but wow! I am so sore! We might not be doing a lot of grande plies at barre tomorrow morning.

Here's a video of part of the class. I'm not in it because I'm taking it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNBuekEBVYo

The workshop is open to the public, so come if you get the chance!
Chi MAC is home of Kun-Yang Lin/Dancers and is located at 1316 S. 9th Street in South Philly.
www.kunyanglin.org

You can read more about the class here:
http://www.phillyfunguide.com/event/detail/440825685/CHI_Artist_Summer_Workshop_with_Krithika_Rajagopalan

No comments:

Post a Comment