Monday, October 14, 2013

More reflections...

When we revisit repertory, Kun-Yang will provide us with some insight into the original process. Kun-Yang often says that he understands the world through dance and processes what's happening in his life through dance.



I am so appreciative of this gift of dance, to bring people together, to communicate, and to understand ourselves. I received this message from one of my dancers, during the week of the performance: "Jess, I hope I'm not overstepping, or over thinking too much (which I do), but I think this piece is really about you and what you're trying to figure out. And that's one of the reasons why you're not dancing in it. You've put several people that you love and admire on stage together and you're trying to figure out which pieces of them you want to take for yourself. You're working through something and I don't know what it is, but it feels really honest and real. Thank you for letting me be a part of this process." 

I'm still searching for the answers... but the performance was beautiful! 

photos by Bill Hebert. Lighting by Nanette Hudson Joyce









Evalina Carbonell and Brandi Ou

Cassandra Cotta and KC Chun-Manning

Rachael Hart and Rhonda Moore




No comments:

Post a Comment